Annual Retreat for Arab Women in the Legal Profession
MC Academy for International Legal Studies announces the launch of its annual retreat programme for Arab women. The core purpose of the retreat is to critically challenge the discourse and narrative that dominate current thinking concerning the empowerment of Arab women active in the legal field.
Each retreat programme is conveniently designed to ensure that participants learn, to the highest level of practical and professional competence, about an intellectually stimulating topic, and engage in debates on issues that are of critical importance for the empowerment of Arab women in general, and professional legal women in particular.
The 2017 summer retreat will be an intensive in-depth 6-day training course dedicated mainly to the practice of international commercial arbitration. It will be interspersed with daily workshops where small groups of participants will practice under the direction of experienced tutors matters such as:
- Drafting an arbitration agreement to a contract situation.
- Interviewing a prospective arbitrator.
- Making an application to a tribunal on a procedural point.
- Making a submission (on behalf of a party) to a tribunal.
- Preparing submissions and oral hearings.
- Reviewing an Award with a view to a challenge.
Each course-day will be followed by an evening debate where participants are encouraged to voice their opinions and critically examine and discuss social, cultural, economic and political issues that currently impact the status and role of Arab women around the world. Evening debates will be joined by outside speakers who will share their ideas, perspectives and practices
Programme dates: 3 – 8 July 2017.
Venue: De Ruwenberg, The Netherlands
Fees: The total cost of the programme is EUR 3,250. This rate includes:
- Course registration fees.
- All course materials.
- Participation in evening activities and debates.
- Accommodation for 7 nights at the exclusive De Ruwenberg Conference and Training Centre.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and other daily refreshments and healthy snacks.
- Unlimited use of fast speed WiFi internet.
- Sport and fitness facilities, including an exclusive swimming pool.
To view and download The AWR brochure, click here.
To register for the AWR, click here.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact MC Academy for International Legal Studies-Bahrain Branch: +973 773 888 38 or email@example.com Brussels Branch: + 32 2 737 01 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org